Tuesday 6 January 2009

Day 5 - Back to work

Time (of day): 12:38
Distance: 4.57mi
Time: 37:43 (8m15 average, mile (or part mile) times: 8m49, 7m59, 8m19, 8m02, 8m00)
Heart rate: 170bpm average, 185bpm max


I'm writing this on day 6 (after my run, incidentally), because yesterday was rather busy and I didn't get the chance.

So, day 5 - Monday - I went back to work. Get up nice and early, drive to work (70 miles... yeah, I know!), and get on with work. At work, it's fairly easy to manage drinking and eating. I had some porridge, fruit and drank several pints of water before my run at lunch time.

I went out with a couple of friends from work, and we did the normal loop which is "undulating", rural and some off-road sections. It was good running with other people, and I found the pace fairly OK considering it was the 5th consecutive day of running. I've done this loop in a bit over 32 minutes before at my peak speed, but today was a nice gentle run.

I was fairly knackered at the end, but then to be honest I was fairly knackered at the beginning too! My shins (inside) hurt a little but no more than the last couple of days. It's the same pain I used to get when I started running all those years ago so I'm assuming that it'll either go away in time or stay and get no worse for the month. My left knee feels a little odd after the run - kind of "squeaky" when I move it, but it's not hurting. Those are the only niggles that have appeared so far, and I'm hoping they'll be the only ones!

I went to Aikido in the evening as well - great fun after the break over Christmas, but fairly hard work. So by the time I got home, at 22:15 I was pretty knackered!

No comments: