Saturday 17 January 2009

Day 16

Friday. The end of the week. It's great in some ways, 'cause you get a weekend to look forward to. I didn't really want to go running at lunch time, but the thought of running early in the morning didn't really grab me and we we're off out to a friends house for dinner in the evening.

The run wasn't bad, actually. I did a slightly different route to normal which meant it was very flat and I managed 3.35 miles and the pace was around the 8m15/mile which I was pleased with. All in all it was good - my leg hurt a bit to start with but got easier throughout the run.

I'm still feeling a bit puffed out, event at greater than 8 minute pace - I do think the lack of any rest days means you are always running a bit knackered, even if it's not too far each day.

The pain in my leg is moving away from the bone and into the muscle, which to me feels like a good thing. What I mean by this is that the intensity of the bone pain has dropped and is bearable and still getting better, but the tension in the muscles seems to be more noticeable. I feel like I can do something about this though (massage, ibuprofen, ice etc), and you can immediately feel when it hurts so you can adjust how you run a bit. Massaging is good although a little painful sometimes when you hammer away at those tight bits in the calf muscle!

Hopefully things will be even better tomorrow...

No comments: