Wednesday 21 January 2009

Day 20 - Euch

Another one of those days where I just didn't want to get out. I ran the longer run yesterday, and had a fairly active Aikido session in the evening, but didn't really eat enough yesterday so I was feeling tired all day today.

Still, I managed 3 miles, with the first mile under 8 minutes. I want to run faster, but I'm finding it really hard at the moment as I've spent most of the last couple of weeks running slowly and concentrating on getting my injury sorted.

I was thinking about this - how can you lose the ability to run fast over just 2 weeks? Well, in those 2 weeks I've done 14 runs, and that would equate to about 5 weeks of my normal running - and it would be easy to lose speed over 5 weeks! On the plus side, with a bit of concentration and non-consecutive longer or faster runs, I think I can bring something back from this.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm hopefully running with Adrian again - it's nice to have company when most of your other runs are solo - gets a bit lonely and boring to be honest!

1 comment:

The doctor said...

Must be difficult to run after Akido, reduced calories and especially late night. It all brings everything into perspective about how much each of these can affect us - and yet we can still kepp going and enjoy the next run. Cool.