Monday 26 January 2009

Day 24 - Saturday

We got to the hotel last night - it's lovely! A 4* place near Sutton Scotney (near Winchester). Had some nice grub in the evening at the hotel restaurant (service was a bit slow, but food was very nice).

Today, we've been wandering around Winchester and climbing a couple of hills (St Giles hill and St Catherines hill) which offer fantastic views over Winchester.

After getting back to the hotel, all we wanted to do was have a kip, but I knew I wouldn't want to go out for a run any other time. So I stuck on my kit and went down to reception to find out where to run. The woman on reception told me about a way to get out of the hotel grounds onto some country lanes.

So, off I went.

And boy, did I go! 3 miles of flying - Can't remember the speed of the first mile, but the average was 7m21 and the last mile was 7m02! I just didn't want to stop, and kept getting faster and faster. I love runs like that. And it keeps in with the one day good/one day bad thing as well.

So, tomorrows run will be not so good probably, but hey, I don't care - today's run was the reason I like running :-)

No comments: