Sunday 4 January 2009

Day 4 - New Shoes

Time (of day): 19:25
Distance: 3.29mi
Time: 26:52 (8m11 average, mile (or part mile) times: 8m01, 8m10, 8m26, 7m50)

Heartrate on run: 169bpm average, 180bpm max
Morning heartrate: forgot to check



So, I ran in some new shoes today. I had to take my favourite camera to the shop for repair yesterday, and treated myself to a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8's (same as my last pair) It's lovely to run in new shoes - my shins were hurting a bit during the run yesterday, and today they hurt a little at the start but I forgot about them part way through. And I felt really bouncy!

I bought a new battery for my heart rate monitor as well - I've been meaning to wear it and when I tried it yesterday nothing happened. So today, I ran with it and hopefully I'm going to see some change to my heart rate by the end of the month.

Anyway, about todays run. It was slow but the consistency was better. I didn't feel like I could go much faster, or wanted to run much slower, and the times were more sensible as a result. I drank plenty today (it's actually really hard to stay properly hydrated when running every day!), and ate fairly sensibly (I'm still keeping calorie intake to around 1500 per day as I need to lose a bit of weight). While it wasn't the most exciting run in the world, it certainly wasn't bad - I got the end of the Guns N Roses album (Chinese Democracy) and the last track is excellent to wind down a run to - I found myself running a slightly longer route to catch the end of the track!

So, 4 days in a row. I'm not sure I can ever recall doing 4 days in a row running. I've certainly cycled 5 days in a row before (I used to commute to work), and I might have run on a Saturday back in those days, so I'm thinking that when I get to 7 consecutive days exercise it will be a new area for me. Should be interesting! I thought the first few days would be interesting, days 5-10 or so would be horrible and afterwards things would settle down - I've yet to see, but so far I've had some interesting runs, a fairly horrible one and it seems to have settled... Still, I'm only 1/8th of the way through this, so I'm sure there's plenty more suprises to come.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting. I'm back to work after the Christmas break, so it'll be a lunchtime run. And I have Aikido in the evening, so it's a long day with plenty of exercise. I'll write up how things go either tomorrow or Tuesday...

No comments: