Monday 30 March 2009

Here we go again...

It's that time again - the end of a month. Time to plan something really stupid for next month... :-)

I've spent most of February and March doing one of my favourite sporting activities - eating. While this hasn't made me a faster runner, it has appeared to have made me a larger runner. I'm really *trying* to find something useful about this, but I think the sad fact is I need to reverse this, and what better way than a demanding plan for the next month!

I have my bike in the back of the car today at work. If I can figure out how to get it back together (it's in 3 bits at the moment) then I plan on going for a ride at lunch time. Hopefully this will give me an option during next month of doing either running or cycling.

And that brings me on to my plan... well, at the moment I don't really have one. All I want to do is try and work hard in April to reduce my weight and get my speed and fitness back up. I reckon the January running created a really good foundation, some of which I lost during February and March through not running much, but I also think that there's a mental aspect to running every day which takes a lot longer to lose.

I think I'm going to go for something like 3 miles every day in April, but it can be 3 miles of running or 10 miles of cycling, and I might allow 40 lengths of a 25m swimming pool as well - at least I've got some options then.

So, assuming I survive my cycle ride at lunch time today, I will start my plan tomorrow.

Rock on, dudes...

No comments: