Tuesday 10 February 2009

10th Feb

So, 10 days in to the new month and how many runs have I done? Well, 3 so far, and about to go out of my 4th in 25 minutes or so.

I'm still doing the press-ups and sit-ups, and still have a deficit of 60 to make up, but I'm finding them easier so I'll get rid of that soon.

I've even managed to stop eating everything I can see! Well, sort of anyway - need to try a little harder on that one in the evenings.

Yesterdays run was a lunch time one at work and was quite interesting. I hadn't eaten enough, despite learning from January that performance is impaired by not eating enough. Then I set off too fast, and was quickly slowed by a river of mud as I ran up the hill, then half a mile of frozen snow/ice! It was like backwards moon-walking most of the time, and ended up with about an 8m30 mile for the first one. Then I just took off, and did around 7m30, 7m50 then another faster one (I can't remember the times) and averaged about 7m45 over 4.5 miles. Pleased with that!

I need to stop putting pressure on myself - the biggest cause of me stopping and having poor runs is when I under-perform compared to my initial expectations. I need a way to encourage myself to do decent runs, but also to stop giving up when I don't meet what I intended.

Todays run is a round-the-block, hopefully 4-5 miles (a slightly new route).

I want to do some intervals again and get back into at least once a week with those. I'm intending a long-ish run on Thursday, but it'll probably be slow as Kev's recovering from Bronchitis, so I might do the intervals tomorrow. Funny - that'll be 5 days in a row, (Sunday-Thursday) if I manage it - and I'm not at all worried about over-doing it! Hoorah, I'm loving this change in attitude at the moment :-)

No comments: