Wednesday 1 April 2009

April 1st - No fooling around (geddit?!)

Oh god, I'm in one of those moods. Sorry about the title. And I'm writing this on 2nd April, so it's not even relevant.

I'll keep this brief:

March 31st - 12 miles on the bike at lunch time (just over 40 minutes - quite pleased with that!).

April 1st - run round the block at work with Adrian. He wanted to see how fast he could go, and I tried to keep up with him but after yesterdays bike ride and the lack of running over the last month or two I waned somewhat. Still, best time for a while - 7m51 average over 4.6 miles, which I was very happy with.

Today is another bike day - want to keep it easy do I'm going to do 10 miles or there abouts at a relatively gentle pace so I can actually get out for a run tomorrow (if I hammer it on the bike I'll be unable to walk tomorrow!).

The thing I'm most worried about is sitting back on the saddle - when you haven't ridden for a while, it takes a bit of time to get used to it and my backside still hurts a bit from last time! (ooh er missus!)

Looking good so far (not much of an achievement after 1 day, but hey!)

And Oz (my 6 week old) slept reasonably well for the 2nd night in a row (5.5 hours both nights) - things are really looking up here (oh, now I've gone and done it haven't I... watch this space).

No comments: